Thursday, February 17, 2005

Me little head is lifted out of it.

My head is now being fried by Brian Mc Laren's book 'A new kind of Christian', powerful stuff (thanks Mum). It describes a discussion between two friends about the state of the Church (& Christianity in general) and the move including associated difficulties from being modern to being post-modern or pre-something. It's quite personal in it's scope but I do think that we have to start with each one of us changing before we can effectively affect change in church or society. If you can get your hands on it have a read of it.

I'm trying to read the bible through my post-modern eyes and I'll let you know about that over time (it's all change that has been affected by McLaren's books).

I have just passed my Core 2 assessment in Starbucks and I unofficially got my hands on the Store Coffee Master's black apron! I never thought the green one went with my hair. In fact I've just worked the last 7 days straight (I've turned into such a fader since I have retired from IT). Today I am making the most of it and I am sitting in front of my Powerbook, coffee in hand and as soon as I post this I will get on with making some music.

Hopefully I will get some links to some of my own produced music for yis all to have a listen to.

No comments: