Friday, March 31, 2006

Moving house

Ouch, Paula and myself just had all the fun of moving house! Oh the joys!

Thankfully our friend Peyton had dropped his wife Andrea off to travel to the States and had some time to help us with the move. He was amazing and wasn't prepared to quit until it was all in, even though he had to be up at 4 a.m. to get Andrea on the road to the airport.

We had to contend with the 68 steps up to out front door on the house that we were leaving but that made the moving in a doddle. Right in the middle of moving all the stuff we had, what was meant to be, a quick pit-stop but we got on to the subject of church and gifts. It was dark and raining by the time we got back to moving any more gear but it was great to chat, the pizza was good, Paula's homemade spicy veg soup was great and the conversation was stimulating.

Paula is amazing at packing up stuff and getting on with it all. Our transition this time has been frustrated in the fact that I have been on the road so much recently and we couldn't get a good run at it to get organised. Paula none the less got down to it and made it all happen. I have an amazing wife.

I had a solid nights sleep even though we didn't quit till nearly midnight and I had to be on a train to London first thing in the morning.

Now we have to get on with the settling-in process. It's no fun living in a maze of boxes for too long, although we have plenty of room in the new place so it might be possible to just locate them all in one room and we can lock the door and ignore it! Which reminds me of what a terrible procrastinator I am! Which leads me nicely on to the fact that I'll have a room to myself as a studio, sweet, so I'd better get on and make some tunes.

Better go finish cleaning the Oven!!! Again Big thanks to Peyton for the help, you rock, brother!!


1 comment:

Tee Chess said...

I agree that there is lot to do, setting up all the items, arranging furniture and lot more. Its a long process and need time and patience.
moving company