Thursday, August 25, 2005

Another shot at it...

Oh Yeah, I did hear about that interview I went for.....

I'm going to London in the morning for the second round interview. It's getting serious now.

Tons of stuff is going on at the moment. We are starting to see some interesting prospects here in Swansea for the first time in the year since we have been here. From church planting to youth work, I guess it will be interesting even if we stay.

On the back on Teenstreet I have been getting asked to help out with some music on 2 DVD projects, one for the Teenstreet DVD and another for my friend Greg over at 3Rock. So I guess I'll be busy in the evenings! But I'm all about that.

I've also gotten some invites to DJ, 2 in Dublin and a tentative invite to Brazil (which I really doubt I can make). So there's plenty on the horizon before Christmas.

What's God saying through all this, well, I'm getting tons out of Hebrews 11. Eoghan and I were chatting and he launched into it the other day (thanks mate) and I have been reading 'The Barbarian Way' by Erwin Raphael McManus & just got t0 the bit about faith.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. (v1+2)

Wow.

How can anything that we do compare to the list of the lives and actions of those faith giants. Or put it another way.... how can we attempt to live a comfortable, settled, civilized life and still call ourselves followers of Christ in the midst of the challenges from the lives of the giants of faith? Isn't Christ's call 'GO' meant to call us to live on the edge of the world between here and now and the eternal? Mentally, physically, emotionally, geographically, spiritually on the cusp of the biggest wave of our lives?

I have been watching loads of surf videos and been finding out more about big wave surfing. It looks terrifying but I know that if i was to start surfing, I wouldn't be satisfied until I tried big wave surfing, even if the consequences were drowning & being dashed on the rocks?

Would you aspire to being towed into a 65 foot wave at 35 miles per hour?

When I read Hebrews 11 I feel the same challenge as seeing some crazy surfer doing the seemingly impossible feet of surfing a massive wave that would destroy whole buildings.
I want my life to have significance beyond comfort & mediocrity, risking all I have for one ride on the biggest wave that God has in store for us.

I'm off surfing........

No comments: